Project Light
My favorite time of day is early evening when the sun is just beginning to go down, kind of pre-sunset time. The sky is illuminated in various shades of orange, pink and the occasional purple which is why I think I am drawn to this particular time of day. The vibrant colors really capture my attention and every sunset is unique; you will never see one just like another. On some nights the slightest bit of haze may envelop the sun and make the glowing scene a bit foggy (but a breathtaking sight nonetheless) and then the following night, the sky could be clear as can be with the sun beaming enough to make traffic on the freeway come to a stand still. Sunsets are such a tranquil phenomenon that I cannot help but literally stop what I am doing and take in the beautiful sight.
I was vacationing in North Carolina this past July at my aunt and uncle's house which is on the sound between the Outer Banks and the main land. One night I was upstairs in my room and saw this beautiful sunset, so I went out on the balcony and snapped my picture and then I sat out there and enjoyed it. I could hear some of the movement of the water, but other than that it was silent and very peaceful.
I went rollerblading in a park near my house a few weeks back and I don't really know what drew me to this sight, but I really liked it. Everything was so still and I guess that I am just usually used to seeing playgrounds crawling with kids...but not on this particular day.
This past May I went on a Disney cruise to the Caribbean. This picture was taken on our last night aboard, so my roommates and I went to the front of the ship and watched the sun go down. I cannot even describe the feeling...the breeze all around us from the ship sailing through the open water and the beautiful wonder of nature before us. Absolutely captivating.
This was taken on a rainy night a few weeks back on a bridge near my church. I love the reflection on the wet sidewalk. It was still drizzling when I captured this which is why I think it came out a bit blurry...
Last, but not least, this is how often I dust the lights in my room...


2 Comments:
I like the top two and the swings.
natalie! yes, its true, i signed up for this thing just so i could comment on your awesome pictures! did you take them? cuz they're schweet!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home