Sunday, October 29, 2006

In Front of the Camera or Behind?

How does it feel to be photographed?
I do like having my picture taken. I'm not going to lie. Ever since I got a job working for the mouse via the Disney College Program (which, by the way, is the best job in the whole world...hands down, all 4 fingers) taking outrageous and wacky pictures has become a past time of mine that I practice whenever the appropriate situation arises.

Why?

  1. Taking "normal" pictures (you know, everyone in a row...1,2,3, smile!) is boring.
  2. Pictures are so much more fun to look at when the subjects are posing differently and genuinely look like they are having a grand ol' time.
  3. It was a BIG part of my job and life for 4 whole months and some things just never completely go away, hence the arms spread wide without fail and the popped foot.

And now from the other end...

Once I returned to the cheesehead state from the WDWCP, I was behind the camera exclusively. Part of my summer job at UWM entailed taking ID pictures of the incoming freshmen...wow. My spiel, which I had to have said at least a couple thousand times, went a little something like this, "Camera's right here (cue me pointing to the web cam atop the CPU), smile if you like, 1,2,3." *click* I have Charlie to thank for that creative line...I got many laughs from that! And believe it or not, I actually managed to get some guys to crack a smile with that line (and they walked in all serious and such...ha ha ha, I win)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home